Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat

For the first time in many years I did not carve my own pumpkin. I had every intention of doing one. We even cut the tops off and emptied all the seeds and stuff out of our two pumpkins.

But my third bout of Strep in 2 months sort of took up all of our free time at the end of last week. I did, however, get to carve Embry's pumpkin to her exact specifications - round eyes, upside-down triangle nose, smiling mouth with two teeth.




And she picked out the face for Matthew's pumpkin.


Then on Friday we put Embry into her dragon costume and headed off to a nice neighborhood near Embry's school. We put Matthew in the stroller and all four of us went Trick-or-Treating. Embry was much more enthusiastic this year. I barely had to remind her to ring the doorbell, say "trick-or-treat," or "thank you." And I really didn't have to remind her to take a piece of candy. Most people insisted on 2 or 3 pieces and some houses gave out small bags full of candy, so even though we turned back early (Matthew got cranky) she had a pretty big haul. Still, I felt bad that we were only out for about 30 minutes, so J put Matthew to bed and I walked Embry down our street for a little more fun. By the time we got home there weren't very many kids out anymore, so we only got 2 trick-or-treaters at our house. I guess I'll bag up the candy I bought and save it for next year. All in all it was a pretty good night.

No comments: