Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Update

Around the House - Wow, has it been almost 2 weeks since I last posted? It has been a little crazy here. Starting with last week when Matthew and I came down with the flu at the same time. J had to stay home from work to help me take care of the kids, and just when I started to feel better, he came down with it too. Luckily, J and I felt good enough by the end of the week to continue as planned with Embry's birthday party. (I'm going to write a separate post regarding birthday stuff.) By some miracle Embry did not (so far) catch whatever we had. Matthew has had a harder time recovering. He is still not quite back to normal, but he is feeling better every day. This week has been all about recovering; our health, our house, our sleep. Health is good, the house is getting there, and I definitely need to work more on the sleep.

In the Kitchen - Nothing puts a halt to cooking like an entire family not being able to eat. So, with the exception of Embry's party, I have pretty much cooked nothing in the past 2 weeks. Embry was the only one eating for a few days so I fed her lots of mac-n-cheese, Lunchables, and Steak-N-Shake. I felt really bad, but she thought it was great. After the party we've mostly been working on leftovers. I plan to get back into the kitchen this weekend.

New with Embry - The newly crowned 4 year old has been as busy as ever. She spends most of her time at home crafting; painting, cutting and pasting, coloring, printing out online creations, etc. But, I know she is looking forward to warmer days. Every time we pass the park on the way to the grocery store, she asks if it is warm enough to play. I tell her, "Very soon."

New with Matthew - Matthew has been trying to outgrow his morning nap for a few weeks now. Of course, his plans were sidelined when he got sick and was sleeping more than usual. But, now that he is feeling better, he is resisting again. I've still been putting him in his crib at the normal time, but most days he just sits in there and plays until I get him out again 30 minutes later. At least I still get 30 minutes to get dressed and check email.

I'm Grateful For - The fact that Embry still takes an afternoon nap. I hope she holds on till the fall, when she starts going to preschool full days. (She'll get a nap there if she still needs one.)

The Weather Outside - Normal Midwest winter lately. Cold with a few snowflakes. We had a couple of warmer days last week. But, it was back to the 20's today.

I'm Obsessing About - I think I'm still to tired to obsess. Maybe next week.

No comments: