Thursday, May 21, 2009

May Update

Around the House: Nothing special this week. We are gearing up for a busy couple of weeks coming up though. Graduations, end of the school year, yard sale, dentist and doctor appointments. After all of that we should be able to actually enjoy the rest of our summer.

In the Kitchen: I've been trying to get rid of stuff that's been piling up in the freezer. I'm getting down to the end of it so I need to get creative pretty soon. What can I make with frozen lima beans, 2 frozen biscuits and apple juice concentrate? I had a craving this morning, so I'll be making my favorite cinnamon rolls tonight for breakfast tomorrow (or maybe Saturday).

New with Embry: Embry has been gong to bed early a lot lately. Not so much because she's tired, but because she has been misbehaving. She is perfect most of the day, but the minute that Daddy walks in the door after work, she turns into a completely different child. We assumed that it was the lack of attention that she receives at this time of day, because we are preoccupied with dinner and baths and bedtime. But even after making time for just her every evening for a week, nothing has changed. Hopefully, it's just a phase...

New with Matthew: Last week, Matthew figured out how to use a fork and spoon by himself. So now he wants no help eating no matter how big of a mess he makes in the process. Very cute, but very messy.

I am Grateful For: So many things lately, I'll just have to say the love of family and friends.

The Weather Outside: Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! Although it has been a little unpredictable (40 degrees one night, 85 the next day) I love spring in the Midwest.

I am Obsessed With: Oh my Gosh! I was finally convinced to watch Lost, when I found out that abc.com has EVERY episode from all 5 seasons for free online. It has been 2 weeks, and I am up to season 2, episode 3. I spend every moment of free time that I have watching it. I bring the laptop into the kitchen when I cook and into the bedroom when I fold laundry. It is like the best soap opera ever, only with good acting. In fact, what am I doing blogging when I could be watching Lost...gotta go!

No comments: