Monday, July 21, 2008

Back to normal week

Around the house: Just used our tax rebate to buy a new computer to replace the really old one I'm currently using. My very first laptop and I'm so excited. It won't be here for 3 weeks, though!

In the kitchen: I am probably that last person on earth to try this but, my friends from KC gave me the "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" book. I made a batch of dough last night and I will try my first loaf for dinner tonight. I love to bake, but I have never been very fond of bread making, mostly because of all the time and extra steps it usually takes. I hope this new method works as great as everyone says it does.

New with Embry: Tomorrow we are meeting with the admissions director at the Montessori school that we want Embry to attend this fall. I'm so excited that we are able to send her to such a great school. Of course we have to wait to see if she is accepted, but I've heard that almost all kids are accepted at this age.

New with Matthew: We had to adjust the mattress in his crib to the lowest level because he has started trying to pull up on stuff. I came in to get him up from his nap on Friday and there he was with one hand on the top rail (Yikes!).

I'm grateful for: The windows in our house are fairly new and even with the A/C cranked up our electric bill is not so bad.

The weather outside: Hot! Hot! Hot! OK, it could be worse. Last summer, in Huntsville, AL we had something like 16 days of over 100 degree heat. But 95 with really high humidity is pretty bad. I made sure to get all of our going outside done by 10 o'clock in the morning.

I'm obsessing about: Whether to forgo my new couch for a treadmill. Yes, our front room is empty except for a piano and a big cardboard box fort that I made for Embry. But, my husband and I are in desperate need of some exercise. Before we moved I was going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. But after the move we decided to save $ and gas and not rejoin immediately. Since then I have gained 10 pounds!!! I am thinking the couch can wait...

1 comment:

ginny said...

Let me know how the bread turns out... we think it was a tiny bit salty but love it anyway.
i say go for the treadmill but buy it used on craigslist realy cheap to see if you will actually use it :)